Old Grandma Hardcore

This blog is the chronicle of my experiences with Grandma, the video-game playing queen of her age-bracket and weight class. She will beat any PS2, XBox, GameCube, etc., console game put in front of her, just like she always has. These are her stories. She is absolutely real. She lives in Cleveland.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

The Day That Blogger Died

Well, we WERE supposed to have an Ask Grandma Hardcore last night, but apparently the servers for Blogger decided that they were to have tequila and tacos before we did, thus- it was not to be. It wasn't just us, pretty much everyone who uses Blogger was crying in the fetal position on the bathroom floor asking no one in particular what they have done to offend the internet gods. Ask Grandma Hardcore is rescheduled then for tonight starting at 11:00pm EST. I can't really complain about Blogger- it's not nearly as bad as Modblog, and its free, so... what can you do, eh?

So let's go over what happened during the Grandma blackout of 2005.

The Washington Post Q&A went well! We had a tight little forum going for the hour that produced some questions that enabled Grandma to further her propaganda and for me to make public my poor spelling skills. The transcripts can be found... here.

We were in Slashdot again!! ...Right before Blogger passed away. It's all good though, the reason of the post was the article in WaPo, so they took most of the traffic. More folks were able to read about Grandma, and that's what counts- not my obsession with making a symmetrical looking graph in our Statcounter spreadsheets. Seeing Grandma in Slashdot is no less exciting each time it happens. Grandma loves you, /.

Dan Hsu has been paying attention! He linked to our post about Grandma's appearance in his blog, on which I commented, and am posting about now, thus creating a crazy circle of trackbacks that needs a flowchart and a study sheet to truly appreciate. Thanks Dan! ...Then Blogger tore a hole in the space-time continuum, compressing the blog into the event horizon, meeting face to face with the internet before Grandma's appearance in June. Those who witnessed this cosmic phenomenon were met with the past version of the blog- an empty entity of nothingness.

We have achieved the honor of reaching the Recommended List over at The Escapist's newest feature- The Lounge, and that's a hell of a recommendation. Thanks, Escapist! The Lounge is The Escapist's official blog, so you get to leave feedback on their articles, bullshit with their contributors, and just generally hang out. Hence the name. You get the idea :)

Grandma had a terrific write up over at Beyond The Camera's Lens, which is THE fansite for the Fatal Frame series. They love Fatal Frame, Grandma loves Fatal Frame, I love Fatal Frame- we all groove together in the end. The site has forums and lots of info on the series and its creators; these cats know what they're doing, so it's quite cool for Grandma to be mentioned in their ranks.

We have more posts coming for everyone later today, and, as promised- Ask Grandma Hardcore, plus BIG HUGE NEWS THAT'S.... BIG. (Not a teaser, we'll know for sure if what we think is going down is in fact going down this afternoon.)

Game on!!

4 Comments:

  • At 10:02 AM, Blogger Jasmine said…

    I just started playing Fatal Frame and Yeah it Rocks! Go Grandma!

     
  • At 4:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Dood, its all us ModBloggers. We cursed blogger, I swear!

    Have you noticed that The Escapist Magazine has a blog now and that blog has a link to...YOU?! Pretty nice! Well, I was excited. I'd like to write for them some day...when I'm not such a n00b.

    Good luck with the move, those are a bitch. I did it twice in one month and I wanted to rip my eyeballs out of my head and throw them at someone in a horrible temper tantrum. That didn't make sense, so I packed myself with the dishtowels instead. No one could find me for 3 days, but, sadly, they did and I was forced to keep packing. I'm still upset about it.

    Take care guys!!!

     
  • At 1:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yes modblog sucks sadly....I was with them for quite some time, and after the latest downtime and bug attack I moved to a british blog site.... I have you in my fav blogs list lol I don't play computer games but I love your Grandma and your blog!! (and you of course lol)

     
  • At 12:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yes modblog absorbs regretfully..
    Buy Diablo 3 items..I'd been using them for quite some time, and also following most current recovery time and pest episode We gone after an english blog site.... I've anyone during my fav weblogs list lol I really don't play on-line games however i adore your ownGuild Wars 2 Gold kaufen Grandmother along with your blog site!! (and you obviously lol)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home