Old Grandma Hardcore

This blog is the chronicle of my experiences with Grandma, the video-game playing queen of her age-bracket and weight class. She will beat any PS2, XBox, GameCube, etc., console game put in front of her, just like she always has. These are her stories. She is absolutely real. She lives in Cleveland.

Saturday, December 03, 2005

All The President's ASS WHOOPIN: Grandma and The Washington Post

Grandma shook the very foundation of our nation's capital today when an article about the woman adorned the front page of The Washington Post. She also made the front page of WaPo's website, and the article attracted the attention of a few radio stations (how's it goin', Detroit!!) and a certain show on a certain television station by a certain name that we certainly don't want to divulge until its finalized (something about counting chickens and ...hatching and all that.)

Now's the moment where we need your help.

The Washington Post is going to send us a copy for our own personal use, but we need you guys out there who found Grandma through the glorious printed words of the press to take your copy of today's Washington Post (December 3rd, 2005 for you obsessive compulsives that read this tomorrow), hold up the front page so we can see the article, give a peace sign, middle finger, metal horns, whatever you like and have someone take a digital photo of you and e-mail it to us.

Why do we need this, you ask?

So we can put it on the internet for all to see, of course.

The article itself was quite good, again mentioning what we've said here all along- that elderly gaming is not as uncommon as people think, so don't fuck with them or they will, as the modern vernacular phrase goes- "p0wn you." From the e-mails we've received so far I'll clarify two things right off the bat: It's "Pong" not "Pogo," the interviews were conducted on the phone, so sometimes things get jumbled. Second- to all those who request "hits" performed on "marks," whatever the hell that means, Grandma was joking when she told the reporter she would "KILL" for an XBox 360. (...well, HALF-joking. Just send us the pictures and you BETTER FUCKING PAY WHEN THE JOB IS DONE.)

Because we're all jonesing for another edition of Ask Grandma Hardcore, The Washington Post is having an online Q&A December 5th at 12:00noon EST; you can submit your questions now right here.

This morning at 10:00am Grandma received a call from a radio tech show in Detroit. The hosts and the producer of the show were very nice to us, although we jokingly gave the producer hell when he informed us of the "young MALE" demographic that their show targets, hence the subject of video games. "Well, I wouldn't say male..." I said, which Grandma quickly followed with "Yeah, I wasn't going to say anything."

I hope the producer realized we were just joshing him. To said producer: we think you're cool, dude; thanks for the interview!


Sorry the distance of time between posts has grown a bit, I'm trying to keep up with Grandma- and I promise I'll do better. As the article says: "[...] Tim, who updates the blog at least once a day." If I don't update now, Bob Woodward is going to be on my ass like Robert Redford at Sundance.

Game on!

5 Comments:

  • At 3:23 AM, Blogger Mike Abundo said…

    Ah, the dead tree mainstream media. Clueless as always. ;)

     
  • At 6:08 AM, Blogger EazyCheeze said…

    hey Grandma and Tim! I wanted to be the first to post but Google Analytics is messed up, I hope it's better now! Anyway, congrats on the article! Grandma is on her way! (not that she wasn't already, but still :) )

     
  • At 11:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well, I'm nearly deaf on my left Ear, but how can someone misspell PONG? I've searched my Dictionary (I'm German) for similar sounding Terms. Nothing. But I've found the BRITISH Meaning of PONG: Stench, stink. See? Gaming and bad Words have been always Relatives... curse on, Grandma!

     
  • At 3:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, Tim & Grandma; just wanted to let you know that you're mentioned this week's Casual Friday over at The Escapist: check it out.

    P.S.: I've been a reader since a mere week after you guys started up in the summer; it's amazing to see how far oghc has grown since then--I'm the anonymous first poster in this thread; that's why I was so floored when I heard you guys mentioned in EGM. Seriously, keep up the awesome work you two.

    P.P.S.: I tried to make this post yesterday but Blogger wouldn't let me post (I'd tried on and off for the a few hours before finally giving up); Blogger also takes forever to load and is extremely bloated (even my friend's DSL connection takes a good bit to load the site). Have you guys ever considered having a fan make you a site? I'm sure I'm not the only reader that knows HTML+PHP+SQL and it could be more customized to what you want; hell, I'd be willing to do it. I love me my (semi-)daily oghc. ;)

     
  • At 12:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Do you wantcheap diablo 3 Gold to know of the period Grandmother and i also were being busy in People from france; deftly getting out of the particular grasp connected with Interpol real estate agents after doing the maximumBillig Guild Wars 2 Goldlamb heist this kind of part on the Iberian Peninsula?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home