Old Grandma Hardcore

This blog is the chronicle of my experiences with Grandma, the video-game playing queen of her age-bracket and weight class. She will beat any PS2, XBox, GameCube, etc., console game put in front of her, just like she always has. These are her stories. She is absolutely real. She lives in Cleveland.

Monday, August 15, 2005

[Monday] SMAGGS #2: Kingdom Hearts

[This is the second post of a mini-six part series I wrote last week for everybody so you would have some fresh stuff about Grandma while we are out camping in the forest searching for the fountain of youth so that our foreheads will never be wrinkly with anger. We'll be back August 20th when we blog live back in Cleveland once again. Enjoy!]

SHITTY MEMORIES of AWESOME GAMER GRANDMA SHIT
Part 2
Kingdom Hearts

Again, this is something Grandma played, I did not. She wants to get Kingdom Hearts 2 because she says she "LOVES Kingdom Hearts!" I have come to learn that either acceptance or rejection of this game segregates you into two warring tribes. Either you love it, or you wish it would just fucking die. I never played it. I'm like the boring guy in the middle spouting hateful rhetoric such as "Meh..." and "Didn't play it yet, no comment....." Grandma, like many others in her tribe; believes such apathy towards Kingdom Hearts to be prophetic of a miserable life filled with depression and tragedy. To be successful, you MUST get this game.

I remember watching her play it and thinking.... "this isn't really Final Fantasy, don't let it trick you..." Grandma bought into it hook, line, and sinker. She really enjoyed it. Here's what I remember:

"It's GOOFY!!! That's cool! Yay!!"

"It's DONALD!!!!! Why is HE here? NEAT!"

"It's that EVIL CHICK!!! Sweet!!!"

"..........................................AERIS?! WHAT THE FUCK??"


THE END!

[Stay Tuned Tomorrow To See If Batman DIES!!]

10 Comments:

  • At 5:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    count me in the camp of KH lovers just like Grandma. I dearly Love that game (Gummi ships aside...)

     
  • At 6:25 PM, Blogger Ozark said…

    I just started playing KH for the first time yesterday... almost 3 hours into the game and I must say I am loving it.

     
  • At 6:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Aeris from FF7 is in Kingdom Hearts???

     
  • At 8:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LOL I'm suprised noone even mentioned Cloud from FF7. Not that I like him or anything, but since he seems to be almost everyone's favorite FF character and all, I'm sure he's among the favorite KH characters.

     
  • At 9:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is my favorite game on PS2...i'm 21 years old and let me tell you this is the best. It took me like 60 hours to beat the full game when it first came out.

     
  • At 9:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I CANT WAIT FOR THE NEXT KH !!!!!

     
  • At 5:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I neva played the first one, but the second kicked ass! Third is coming soon and I can't wait!

    Keep it up Grandma!

     
  • At 9:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love this game to, infact it's my most favorite videgame series of all time! You rock Grandma, Game On!

     
  • At 8:24 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hi Grandma! I'm from spain I write you because you are the 1ยบ i saw playing the games we have now. I know there are more playing and I will like my parents play this games with me too.
    I'm a Final Fantasy lover (and KH too sora is cuuuuute).
    My dad is at home everyday looking power points but he is bored always, How can I make him try this games? What motivates you to start playing?

    Thx for been awesome ^^
    Hugs from Spain.

     
  • At 12:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hahah I am just
    buy D3 Gold suprised none of us possibly talked about Clouds from FF7. Not really that I favor him or her or maybe nearly anything, speculate they appears to be practically people's favourite FF personality and,Guild Wars 2 Gold I believe he or she is one of many preferred KH characters.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home