Old Grandma Hardcore

This blog is the chronicle of my experiences with Grandma, the video-game playing queen of her age-bracket and weight class. She will beat any PS2, XBox, GameCube, etc., console game put in front of her, just like she always has. These are her stories. She is absolutely real. She lives in Cleveland.

Friday, August 26, 2005

Video #9: Grandma Encounters Mature Elements Within God of War

Grandma has become sufficiently addicted enough with Sony's masterpiece God of War to play well into the wee-hours of the night (hence the black and white 'serial-killer vision' mode on the camera.) This little diddy was shot sometime after 1:00am and addresses a specific question asked in the comments section by the always present "Anonymous," who is credited with writing some of the best poetry of the early 13th Century:

"I think you can jump into bed with the womens after the Kraken. Let us know if it can be done and what Grandma thinks of it. :-)"

Oh, it can be done, Anonymous. It can be done. One might expect Grandma to jump off the ship yelling at the women "Quis hic locus, quae regio, quae mundi plaga??" but that just doesn't sound like Grandma. Grandma is more of a "Hey!! It's fucking Medusa!! DIE BITCH!!!" and that's why we love her.

Here ya go (may the gods forgive me on this one):

[WMV; 01:57; 3.69mb]

--More updates coming tonight! Also, right now, I'm updating the music track listings after a lazy spell- sorry about that by-the-way. Thanks for the great comments and e-mails!!--

21 Comments:

  • At 1:32 PM, Blogger Kirvi said…

    Ah God, Tim, I'm dying here after that video... and at work, too. Was that your mom, with the helpful logistical advice?

     
  • At 2:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    that's awesome. I spent a little to much time in that part of the game myself.

     
  • At 3:30 PM, Blogger Kirvi said…

    kcswanko - I think we ALL did.... that was hilarious!!

     
  • At 4:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ROFL!!!! Both video and the today's article.

    Gawd, I needed that.

    Tim would you please be so kind as to translate the Latin for us rubes? Mundi=world but the rest???

    Mama Lombax

     
  • At 4:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oh.... it's t.s. Eliot. I AM a rube. damn.

    Mama Lombax

     
  • At 5:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Please... Please... Please record the part when OGHC goes through Hades in GoW. I would love to see her reactions on the spining pillars.

    THX!!!

    PS: OGHC should apply to be the new memeber of the Frag Dolls.

     
  • At 5:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    http://www.ubi.com/US/News/Info.aspx?nId=3379http://www.ubi.com/US/News/Info.aspx?nId=3379

    There is the link for the Frag Dolls.

     
  • At 5:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Fantastic. Really, just fantastic. The video, this blog, and of course Grandma herself. One of a kind, do please keep at this. :)

     
  • At 5:47 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    "I'm busy"

    Holy shit, does that not just say it all? HA!

     
  • At 6:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry that I have to go under Anonymous here, but I have checked this site daily for the past few weeks and never signed up. The only reason I come to this blogspot is to check on grandma! Anyway, this is the only way I know to get in touch with you, but I'm a disk jokey in the wonderfull world of Monroe, LA. I do a talk show on the number 1 rated blah blah blah, reach three states, blah blah blah. Anyway, was wondering if Grandma does interviews? Reach me at Amy@monroeradio.com Thanks

     
  • At 7:33 PM, Blogger heartlessgamer said…

    Always funny.

     
  • At 12:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    THAT was easily the best video yet. Well worth my paypal donation, in fact, I think I owe you more now. I laughed out loud on this installment. Classic! This should be the new commercial for God of War. Get rid of the Judy Dench-ish narrator and drop in OGHC.

     
  • At 1:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's hilarious, but I never heard that God of War had anything like that. What is going on in the game that leads up to it? And of course - anybody got any video of it? I don't have a PS2 or else I would get God of War myself.

     
  • At 5:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That sounds awesome. Now I gotta hang out with a friend who has a PS2 and rent this game. :)

     
  • At 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thats so sweet, I love your grandma dude!!!! Hopefully she lives as old as you tim!!!

     
  • At 10:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How do I download the video? I says it's restricted, wants me to supply a password or somesuch. :(

     
  • At 2:11 AM, Anonymous The Master said…

    I think it is great that you play video games. I enjoy your bluntness when discussing the games that you play. Many people are sometimes too kind when it comes to playing games. Would love to find out if you like playing flash games too or just the console stuff.

     
  • At 12:31 AM, Anonymous rsgold said…

    Fantastic. Really, simply great. It, this site cheapest rs gold, as well as Granny their self. Original, accomplish you should maintain only at that. :)

     
  • At 8:59 PM, Anonymous MonsterBeatsStudio said…

  • At 2:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    -More changesDiablo III items arriving tonight! Additionally, at the moment, I am just bringing up-to-date the background music keep track of item listings following a very lazy spell- i am sorry this Diablo 3 Gold kaufenby-the-way. Thanks for the great feedback along with e-mails!!--

     
  • At 2:51 AM, Blogger Shruti said…

Post a Comment

<< Home