Old Grandma Hardcore

This blog is the chronicle of my experiences with Grandma, the video-game playing queen of her age-bracket and weight class. She will beat any PS2, XBox, GameCube, etc., console game put in front of her, just like she always has. These are her stories. She is absolutely real. She lives in Cleveland.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

BusinessWeek Article With Grandma; Grandma On Rock 106's Outlaw Radio; More News...

BusinessWeek Online published an article today about elderly and adult gaming featuring Grandma. Cliff Hahn, the author of the piece, was really great to Grandma and I during the interview and he quotes some very interesting statistics on the adult market. We can't reiterate enough how much gaming can help the bored pensioners of the world by giving them something to keep their mind sharp and immersing them within adventures not previously assumed possible, not to sound too corny. Gaming, truly, can help people if they give it a chance. We have already begun projects to assist older folks with the discovery of Grandma's favorite pastime, so I hope the article acts as a bit of a catalyst in joining the large yet isolated group of elderly gamers to better help their late arriving non-gamer friends. We have much more planned, so stay with us!

Also, Grandma certainly has fans in Louisiana, man. Grandma and I were on Monroe, LA KXXR Rock 106's Outlaw Radio today and had a blast. To the guys at Outlaw Radio, we both hope Grandma's little "slip of the tongue" doesn't cost you guys too much in FCC fines, I hope there was a delay of some fucking kind. Fuck. To be honest, I was worried at first. I've listen to rock stations all over the country, I know prank calls, I know what DJ's can do, I laugh with everyone else, but what do you do when they want you and your grandma on the air? I knew we might be jumping right into our own humiliation on this one- but these guys were great. They definitely talked like gamers, so they knew Grandma just like we know her, Grandma the warrior. Check them out by clicking on that little button right there. We're going to get some audio from the interview for you guys in the next couple days from Rock 106 so you can all hear Granmda in all her awesomeness and also hear my dumb-fucker stupid voice.

We're putting together some more links on the Ultimate Kickass Blogroll tonight, as well as a Press section in our sidebar. We have a lot more coming on Growlanser Generations and other games, as well as some new responses to the new addition to our holiday greeting card list, Jack Thompson. Friday, finally we will have OGHC apparel for us all.

12 Comments:

  • At 9:31 PM, Blogger EazyCheeze said…

    Sounds extremely awesome! can't wait, Timbo and Grandmabo! What do you think of all this great publicity?

    Wadebo

     
  • At 9:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You're not just on Business Week. That article has been picked up all over the place. Yahoo, MSN, MSNBC...seems like everywhere I log on has picked it up.

    Congrats!

     
  • At 9:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Excellent show today! I listened from El Dorado, Arkansas...so now you have Arkansas fans to add to the Louisiana ones. Game on, Grandma and continue to be (in my opinion) the coolest grandmother of all time.

     
  • At 10:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can't wait to hear the interview!

    The article is fantastic too, by the way. My friends and I have often thought of what the world is gonna be like when the current 20-30 range is Grandma's age.

    I know I'M not gonna stop gaming anytime soon.

     
  • At 11:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The Business Week article has been slashdotted.

    Expect your site to get quite a lot more traffic.

    Your grandma rocks!

     
  • At 9:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey you guys

    I just wanted to say that the interview on Rock 106 was excellent. They do have a seven second delay so grandma's "accident" didn't make it to the air. I loved every second of it. I've been keeping up with ya'lls page for a while now, and I would like to tell grandma that she was great! Maybe one day I'll be the same way! You guys kick ass.

    By the way, I'm the girlfriend of the DJ that is so persistent about the hoodie.

     
  • At 9:45 AM, Blogger EazyCheeze said…

    I SO can't wait to hear this interview! Rock 106 is not local to me but I hope to pick up the slack with your help, Tim! :)

     
  • At 1:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, this is Amy The Guy from Rock106. Cutting up the interview as I type and it should be up somewhere on the internet shortly. Give me a few hours.

    Tell Grandma I said hi and Fatal Frame does scare the shit out of you at 3 in the morning! LOL!

     
  • At 10:55 PM, Blogger CtrlAltDelete said…

    Rock106, Amy The Guy, Amy The Guy's Girlfriend-

    You all rock. :) Thanks for the very cool chance to speak to the heart of the South, guys. We've received e-mails from Arkansas, Mississippi, Louisiana, even Tennessee.

    All because they heard you guys talk about Grandma.

    Rock the fuck on.

     
  • At 11:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So when is WMMR gonna have you on? I'm afraid I don't have any contacts there. But if Grandma ever wants to be on the Italian music show on 830 AM let me know!

     
  • At 11:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sigh, sorry I meant Extreme 93. WMMR is one of the stations I grew up with in Philly. ^_- But the Italian Show is in Lakewood! And if she speaks Greek or Hungarian maybe we can get her on those programs too. ^_-

     
  • At 3:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You are justBuy Diablo 3 gold with Small business 1 week. That article may be picked up in all places. Askjeeve, Yahoo, MSNBC...may seem like just about everywhere My spouse and i sign on possesses Billig Gw2 Gold picked out it up.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home