Old Grandma Hardcore

This blog is the chronicle of my experiences with Grandma, the video-game playing queen of her age-bracket and weight class. She will beat any PS2, XBox, GameCube, etc., console game put in front of her, just like she always has. These are her stories. She is absolutely real. She lives in Cleveland.

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Special OGHC Auction: Grandma's Copy of Fatal Frame II

Grandma is selling her copy of Fatal Frame II: The Crimson Butterfly on Ebay. She signed the cover and made it look all pretty and everything. You regular readers know there is a bit of history with this particular copy of the game. That's why, in the interest of eliminating all bad juju from the house, the Canon Optura 20 camcorder, the one that spit out Video 7 before becoming dark, is included in the auction. I figured, well- the damn thing doesn't work, or at least I can't repair it the way I repair still cameras, so... why not? The auction has a starting price of $1.00 and no reserve. That's how we roll here at oghc.

Here's the auction! [long haunted game back story within Ebay auction for you folks]

Grandma's autograph on the game reads:
This game scared the shit out of me
Barbara St. Hilaire
"Old Grandma Hardcore"

--The sale of the game and the camcorder (it's a package deal) will go right into our Great Grandma Camera Campaign fund, so- it's like donating money and getting something cool for it! Rock on! More stuff coming today!!!--

9 Comments:

  • At 3:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i would love to buy..no credit card :(


    still love you guys! i've read all of your post! every single of em..long time reader! :D


    Hauk

     
  • At 8:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Damn...it's already at 50 and it has 6 days left. If I spent like 200 bucks on a game signed by an awesome grandma; explaining that to my parents may be tough. "You spent it all on what?"

     
  • At 8:52 AM, Blogger CtrlAltDelete said…

    :D Hauk- you know we think your awesome! Don't you worry none bout no credit card!

    Brandon- Back in high school I once spent $800 on an L-shaped desk that wouldn't fit in the house, let alone my room. That was a fun one to explain :) I hope the donations don't get out of hand, if it's $50 now (that's a good price I think) then we may approach the $200 mark close to Saturday. The only reason it's such a long auction is because we're going to be off the grid for a week (camping.) And I didn't want the auction to end while we were gone. I'd like to take care of whoever wins the auction so they know it isn't a scam or something.

     
  • At 4:07 PM, Blogger DY357LX said…

    Gotta love the the title and subtitle for the auction.
    Nice work. Good luck.

     
  • At 5:18 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    OH MY GOD!!!!! I WANT that game! Duuuuuude, I wish my last employer hadn't been a psychotic bitch that drove me to such stress that I couldn't keep food down for 7 weeks causing me to quit and be sick for another two months...sorry. too much info, I know.

    Cos, I totally could've payed a shit load for that game! It would be a priceless gem to me.

    *sigh*

    As God as my whitness, if I get that job at Starbucks this monday, and I get paid before that auction ends...it's going DOWN!! And it will be mine!

     
  • At 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    best selling on ebay - In one short evening, you��ll learn a proven, time-tested business system that you can easily use right away to skyrocket your success, fun, and satisfaction.

     
  • At 4:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    lol you guys are funny but alas ppl will be stupid enough to bid alot on it , even if shes not that famous

     
  • At 1:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    it really is D3 Items currently with 50 and has now Half a dozen times left. Basically spent such as 190 money with a recreation agreed upon simply by an awesome granny; outlining which in order to my own parents can be difficult. "You invested everthing Guild Wars 2 Items on the?Inches

     
  • At 9:28 PM, Anonymous guild wars 2 gold said…

    Gotta love the the title and subtitle for the auction.
    Nice work. Good luck.
    ffxi gil
    Guild wars 2 gold

     

Post a Comment

<< Home