Old Grandma Hardcore

This blog is the chronicle of my experiences with Grandma, the video-game playing queen of her age-bracket and weight class. She will beat any PS2, XBox, GameCube, etc., console game put in front of her, just like she always has. These are her stories. She is absolutely real. She lives in Cleveland.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Video #2: Prince of Persia

Here's a short little video of Grandma playing in the dark this morning for everyone with dial-up connections and short attention spans:

[WMV; 0:45; 1.41mb]

Sorry for the short post today, long ones are being posted tonight. Grandma was at water therapy for her knee most of today, so tonight there shall be much gaming. Nothing cleanses the soul like rocking the controller for a seven hour marathon.

Coming up: Going through Grandma's strategy guides..., Doctor's Appointment..., etc.,.


--Thanks for all the shout-outs, comments and e-mails, guys; Grandma is getting a big kick out this. "I don't see what the big fucking deal is, it's just games!" --


--Update--
It is quite surreal to see Grandma on sites I go to regularly (I'm looking at you Kotaku.com), on forums of games she loves where people talk about how they wish she was their grandmother, on New Zealand Ska Punk sites, Suicide Girls Members, WoW Members, NWN Members, car aficionado
sites... man I should stop now before I try to make too long a list and forget somebody; cause Grandma won't forget you guys. Rock on. -T

12 Comments:

  • At 6:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    She's great! I know you've just started filming her...but can you get the mic a little closer? She sounds garbled and I need to hear what I am going to sound like when I get older. ; )

    Thank you both for sharing your story. We all hated the dog Granny, keep up the great work.

     
  • At 7:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Found my way from Kotaku. Great stuff.

     
  • At 8:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, I come here daily now. You're Grandma is amazing. She reminds me of my Grandma except mine only plays SNES games. I love your Grandma.

    - Brandon

     
  • At 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    glad to see you murdered every last one of them :-D next time i come over im gona have to face you in any xbox game of your choice

    your grandson,
    Drew

     
  • At 11:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Found this through a friend's Livejournal, so the link is spreading fast. I helped by sending it to everyone on my AIM list. I can only hope I'm still kicking zombie ass and cursing at the screen when I'm her age. XD

    I just wanted to suggest that you try to compile a list of all the games Grandma has played. It might take a while to complete, but it would cut down on all the, "Has she ever played..." questions. As well as being interesting reading. ^_^

     
  • At 2:59 AM, Blogger JM said…

    I would like play with her Smash Bros Melee... xD

    Cool Grandma

     
  • At 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Let's see some in-game / on screen footage. I want to see what we're up against! :p

    Awesome site - keep it up Grammy!
    - webkris

     
  • At 12:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Any way we can get to see Grandma playing some games naked? That would make this site all the better.

     
  • At 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey love the blog!

    I switched from blogging to squidoo, don't know if you tried it yet but I think it is a little easier.

    Here are some examples of some squidoo lenses:

    All PSP Games Review
    PSP Blender Review
    Satellite TV Elite Review

    Well hope you like and I'll stop by again.

     
  • At 5:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great Blog Poker Chips

     
  • At 3:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    all of us knowRS Money you are not repeating this for virtually every settlement, however, you need to permit those of us who will play a role some thing to send the item Guild wars 2 Goldtowards you.

     
  • At 8:23 AM, Anonymous USMACLINIC said…

    Thanks for sharing great info i want more unique information so kindly update here. If you need any help regarding sexua;l issues feel free to visit our site best sexologist in delhi



     

Post a Comment

<< Home