Old Grandma Hardcore

This blog is the chronicle of my experiences with Grandma, the video-game playing queen of her age-bracket and weight class. She will beat any PS2, XBox, GameCube, etc., console game put in front of her, just like she always has. These are her stories. She is absolutely real. She lives in Cleveland.

Sunday, August 14, 2005

The Great Grandma Camera Campaign Update

It's about 2:00am EST here in Cleveland, so I'm typing this in a bit of a rush because of our long ass drive later this morning. Remember when I told you guys we only wanted enough money to get that Sony Camcorder from Wal Mart and that was it, we'd take down that donation button and everything? Remember me saying that sometime?

Okay.

Here's the thing. I wasn't kidding. =)

I found the exact same camcorder, the Sony DCR-HC21 over at B&H Photo Video in New York, some folks I've used in the past for much bigger still camera supplies, for $359.90 and that's including tax and shipping. That's $70 whole dollars of your donations less than Wal Mart. So we're going with B&H now, I just lowered the goal and presto! We're almost there! It really looks like this is going to happen this week. The eBay auction is at $61.00 now, added to the $155.00 in donations you've given us, so that means we only have $144 left to go!!!! I've told Grandma this, so she knows the math has changed, so I thought I'd tell you guys now as well before the trip. Then we can finally take down that stupid button and get back to the funny. Sale Prices Rule! Game on!

-Tim

5 Comments:

  • At 3:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    :DD

     
  • At 4:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I found out about this site from a link posted at abxzone.com. I enjoy reading the posts here. I will be making daily visits here. Don't worry about the nose either. I have a big one also. Tell grandma hardcore I saif hi.

     
  • At 8:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Careful with B&H, they "sell" things they don't have in stock a lot of the time, then you're sitting there with your thumb up your ass till they can get it. Happened to my boss!

     
  • At 8:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have never had any problems with B&H. I like them and their service and their ethics 4 of 5 orders fine. 1 out of 5 orders a little screwed up, but fixed up by their customer service people in a Jiffy. Newegg's like that too, but for computer supplies. Good people.

    I found your blog through a friend. Grandma rocks and makes me giggle. A lot.

     
  • At 1:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I found out concerning
    cheap D3 Gold this website coming from a website link published with abxzone.internet. I love looking at the particular blogposts in this article. We're making each day goes to here. No problem in regards to the nostril both. I've got a large one particular additionally.Buy Guild Wars 2 Gold Inform mom great My spouse and i saif hello there.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home