Old Grandma Hardcore

This blog is the chronicle of my experiences with Grandma, the video-game playing queen of her age-bracket and weight class. She will beat any PS2, XBox, GameCube, etc., console game put in front of her, just like she always has. These are her stories. She is absolutely real. She lives in Cleveland.

Friday, July 29, 2005

It Was Bound To Happen...

Okay, OGHC readers, I'm going to have to jump ship from CWRU's web hosting here in a couple weeks, so.... all I need is somewhere to put the videos. I understand it's going to take a tiny bit of money to do that, and I'm willing to mooch off my family as much as it takes.

Here's what I need from you kind folks:

1. Research. Do you know someone who uses a company to host videos (downloading not streaming) and they peak around 11,000 pageloads (a day) and still don't live in a cardboard box? Cool! Let me know a good company so I can compare rates.

...actually, that's all I need. It looks more official to be in a numerical list form. I'm not going to ask for donations or put up "FREE IPOD WITH PURCHASE OF SOUL!!" flash ads on the site if we don't have to; I just need a good company to host the videos.

--More updates on the way tonight!!--

11 Comments:

  • At 5:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've been using Datapacket.net for years.

     
  • At 6:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was surprised the other day when I bought a game at Gamestop and the cashier said "Game on". I literally froze in place for a second. Apparently thats their new catch phrase. Did you start this? Maybe it's just a coincidence. Maybe I'm a retard.

     
  • At 10:05 PM, Blogger CtrlAltDelete said…

    jonathan- I'm liking the prices I see- good find. I'm calling them tomorrow.

    anon- you're not a retard :) No, I can't take credit for 'game on' remembering Wayne's World back in the early 90's; and I think The Wizard before that... but shit; if it's Gamestop then yes. yes, they stole it from me. those bastards..... I'll trademark the damn thing just to keep people from suing.

     
  • At 11:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just an FYI, if you want free hosting, I'm pretty sure that the site I am writing for would be happy to host anything and everything you need hosted.

    Email our Editor in Chief at grimwell@gamergod.com if you would rather not pay for hosting.

    He was going to attempt to find your email address and contact you directly, but I figured I'd post here in case that search proved fruitless.

     
  • At 11:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It did, and you are an impatient bastard! ;)

    Ctrlaltdelte: Get in touch about your specific needs and I'll talk to the boss and see what we can do.

     
  • At 11:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I prefer to think of myself as proactive kthx. :D

     
  • At 9:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    http://www.filefront.com/

     
  • At 10:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm sure if you appealed to somebody like IGN.com or fileplanet.com, you might be able to strike a deal. They have to realize how many viewers you're getting... They'll probably ask you to put an add for them on your site in exchange for places to load the vids. Makes out to be a nice deal.

     
  • At 2:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have a site hosted with Gamespy and I'm able to upload files to FilePlanet too.

     
  • At 7:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've been using Ipowerweb for a couple of years without an issue. They give you a ton of space, and something like 5Gb of transfer (I forget exactly how much because I never hit the limit). And they support tools like PHPNuke and Wordpress.

     
  • At 3:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My spouse and i Diablo III itemsbasically froze set up for any subsequent. Obviously that is his or her new catch phrase. Would you begin this? It can be a coincidenceBuy Guild Wars 2 Gold It's possible I'm a retard.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home