Old Grandma Hardcore

This blog is the chronicle of my experiences with Grandma, the video-game playing queen of her age-bracket and weight class. She will beat any PS2, XBox, GameCube, etc., console game put in front of her, just like she always has. These are her stories. She is absolutely real. She lives in Cleveland.

Friday, July 08, 2005

Grandma Has Destroyed All Humans

I don't think the old lady laughed this hard since Toejam and Earl; but god dammit she thought the beginning of this game was funny.

"Look! I get to pick up a cow!! AAAHHAHAHAHAHAA!!!"


"You can make the cow do the chicken dance! Dance fucker!!!"

And so on. That is, until she realized the mini-missions are really, incredibly hard. Then she stopped laughing and returned to her normal, cheerful ball of geriatric demons. One point of the game of particular annoyance was when she had to "take the form of the mayor of town and convince people nothing was going on." It's sort of a KOTOR thing where you have several options for dialogue. You could A) Blame it on Communists; B) Say you haven't seen anything strange; C) Blame it on rebellious youth listening to jazz music; or D) Kill them all! She kept saying kill them, and the mission would fail. Grandma would scream in protest.
"You have to blame it on the communists," I'd say.
She'd reply: "But the god damn title is Destroy All Fucking Humans!! It doesn't make sense!!"
Then she would go into a strange, under-the-breath diatribe about how games that were not sold as Metal Gear Solid should not be Metal Gear Solid with "all that sneaking around shit..."

It took her about 16 hours of gameplay to get 100%, which unlocked some B-Movie "Teenagers from Outer Space," which she proceeded to watch in it's entirety. Trying reading about terrorism with that in the background. It really puts everything in perspective.


  • At 6:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Holy shit dude that's good stuff.

    The quotes were the funniest parts. You should add more of those.

    How about a happy pic of grandma half-sentence shooting out her street poetry while playing a game?

  • At 6:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    haha 'street poetry' thats a great term, going to have to use that.

    i am loving yer grandma, i am trying to convenience my wife this is what she needs to become :)

  • At 11:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Grandma rocks, lol.. def. more quotes. Will be back for sure heh..

  • At 1:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm 53 and still playin. I hope that they'll get me the console of the time when I am put out to pasture. Would love to see a pic of your granny playin

  • At 10:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello from South Africa. ;)

    Gramma sounds awesome ... get her Conker live and reloaded for X-Box, she will LOVE the humour in that.


  • At 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    does grams play halo 2?? i'ld love to see her on xbox live!!

  • At 1:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You gotta route her television through a computer and takes vids of her playing so we can check out her mad skills. Halo 2 especially...

  • At 10:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear god, I've found a new role model!!!

    Your grandmom rocks. Hug her for me, and tell her I want to be her when I grow up.

    Rock on!
    Age 31 and a raging CoH/CoV addict

  • At 1:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm on the dark side of 57,a female,retired,and your Grandma and I are cut from the same cloth.I swear like a sailor while I am playing my xbox games,much like your Grandma. I think she is hysterical!! And the side missions on "DAH's" are tough,but the toughest part has been finding all of the freaking probes scattered all over BFE. You tell Grandma that she is my gaming hero(ine.) Long may she swear!!!

  • At 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OMG! Your granny rocks! Im a hardcore gamer too! DESTROY ALL HUMANS ROCKS!! ESPECIALLY ON XBOX!!!

  • At 10:21 PM, Blogger Biti said…

    I think however that there is still some information missing. In your analysis you assumed diablo 3 gold a constant ratio between primary stat, crit chance, crit dmg, IAS to calculate stat weight. But I think you also need to calculate the stat weight for other situations, such as primary stat at 80% power and crit chance/dmg at 20% power or even 0% power. Do you think that primary stat will again have cheap diablo 3 gold the largest stat weight?

  • At 4:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Would the lady play Buy diablo 3 GoldCastlevania: Lament involving Chasteness (normally the one with regard to Playstation 2)??? I'm a big admirer in the Castlevania line, but I has been pissed off of and also let down while using stage design and style. I desired the particular fort to become since intricateGuild wars 2 Goldas Prince regarding Persia: SoT. That shit's fuggin' enormous!

  • At 4:04 AM, Blogger Emily said…

    Ich kann Ihnen guild wars 2 gold kaufen nur einige PVP Grundlagen für den Einstieg, wie ich weit von einem PVP-Experte selbst bin. Sie können prüfen, aus Blutbahn Sport, wenn Sie sich für Top-Level-Strategie suchst. Sie sollten nicht in PVE Getriebe werden PvPing, wenn Sie auf der Suche nach ft nass und erkunden anderen Teil des Planeten sind. Es ist ein guild wars 2 bestellen besonders leistungsfähiges Werkzeug für die Behinderung eine Nahkampf-Klasse, die nur ein winziger zu nah an Ihnen bekommt. Nun, keine Angst vor irgendetwas haben, können Sie voller Vertrauen zu Ihrem WoW PvP und andere wow Reise zu beginnen. Viel Glück! wie Sie finden können, um das Gold zu erzeugen, das Ihr Charakter im Spiel nach oben billig guild wars 2 gold hin angleichen muss. Wollen wir einige Wege unten einführen.

  • At 11:11 PM, Blogger sportstototv.com said…

    I really like it when folks come together and share opinions.
    Great website, keep it up!


  • At 11:19 PM, Blogger sportstototv.com said…

    Nice post. I learn something more challenging on different blogs everyday. It will always be stimulating to read content from other writers and practice a little something from their store. I?d prefer to use some with the content on my blog whether you don?t mind. Natually I?ll give you a link on your web blog. Thanks for sharing.


  • At 11:23 PM, Blogger sportstototv.com said…

    Pretty portion of content. I just stumbled upon your weblog and in accession capital to claim that I acquire actually loved account your blog posts. Anyway I will be subscribing on your augment or even I fulfillment you get entry to constantly quickly.


  • At 11:28 PM, Blogger sportstototv.com said…

    After going over a few of the blog posts on your web page,
    I honestly like your way of writing a blog. I book-marked it to my bookmark webpage list and will be checking back soon. Take a look at my
    web site too and let me know how you feel.



Post a Comment

<< Home