Old Grandma Hardcore

This blog is the chronicle of my experiences with Grandma, the video-game playing queen of her age-bracket and weight class. She will beat any PS2, XBox, GameCube, etc., console game put in front of her, just like she always has. These are her stories. She is absolutely real. She lives in Cleveland.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Video 19 - Grandma plays God of War 2


When Cory Barlog and his motley gang of misfits and outcasts designed the FANTASTIC game that is God of War 2, they made certain that you would learn to hate the 'O' button on your controller. You'll notice that the 'O' button is the farthest right button on the pad, and the most difficult to mash when your thumb has been hovering over 'X' and 'Δ'; it's just that much more of a pain in the ass!

There also wasn't as much random ass kicking this time around, there seemed to be many more puzzles and boss-like instances rather than the hoards of disposable red-orb bearing creatures put in your way just for the satisfaction of trying that new move you acquired.

Now, I don't want to say it but Grandma feels it needs to be said: "Prince of Persia." I don't really have a point, but one notices the time-shifting elements of GoW2 are somewhat familiar.

The game is simply fucking beautiful. It's short, but it's beautiful. God and Titan Modes will teach you the importance of blocking and dodging, and also make you question your self-worth as a gamer and as a person. Grandma STILL hasn't completed the first one in God Mode.

If you have a PS2, buy this game and rejoice.
If you have a PS3, buy this game, you won't miss the rumble.

It's THAT FUCKING AWESOME.


Coming up this week: Grandma and Guitar Hero II (360), as well as Alien Hominid HD and Worms.

Game on!

15 Comments:

  • At 3:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have Just started playing that game, Been way into Resistance online. Game On

     
  • At 5:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Awesome!, im still waiting for it to be released over in the UK :( i have to say it looks bloody fantastic from the reviews! Nice one grandma!

     
  • At 7:53 AM, Blogger Jess said…

    I'm almost finished with this game myself. I love it! One of my favorites but definately has similarities to Prince of Persia. It's OK though, It's still way more bad ass than Prince of Persia! Game on Grandma!

     
  • At 2:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey... I recognize that shirt! ::grin::

    Yay for another Grandma video. Keeps getting more and more awesome. I must needs run back to work, but hugs to all of you (MORE POSTS PLZ YAY), take care, be well, and GAME ON!

    -A!

     
  • At 8:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Keep rockin' on grandma! I gotta get GoW2 soon. Loved the first game, but I'm a bit tapped on cash at the moment.

     
  • At 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have finished God of War II and I found it again quite easy on normal but it's still really great, although I don't like it as much as the first one. Much better story I believe. I'm also looking forward to getting Guitar Hero II one day. With Oblivion and Resistance already out and Fear and Ninja Gaiden coming up soon, I don't have that much money :P. Maybe Christmas but hopefully I could get it before that. I can't wait until one of those PS2 controller adapters comes out. I'm still playing with my friends with one controller on the PS3.

     
  • At 1:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    aguante la vieja!!!!
    Argentina loves you!!!!

     
  • At 7:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey grandma! Are you still using the wii? we're all anxious to see some of your Mii's that you made!

     
  • At 8:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Man you are an awsome Grandmother. Wish my Grandma were still alive. Keep ater and enjoy ur gaming, Haven't played god of war 1 or 2 yet but i'm gonna try one shortly when my bro is finished with it. Happy Gaming!!! You are awsome!!!!!!

     
  • At 3:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just wanted to say first that accidentally stumbling onto this site is fucking awesome. Second, I just wanted to say something about God mode in GOW 1... I barely did it. The battle with all the Kratos clones is so infuriating that I think I swore more than Grandma herself. And, Titan mode in 2 is even harder. I'm stuck at protecting the first translator. So far I think it's impossible...

     
  • At 12:46 PM, Blogger Pierre said…

    Hi :)
    Nice grandma you have!
    French people are watching her skills too!
    http://www.canardplus.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10561
    (french videogames newspaper)

     
  • At 4:54 PM, Blogger Rie said…

    The final battle was such a pain in the butt. I actually had to beat it for my husband because he couldn't get the mashing sequences down to save his (or Kratos') life!

     
  • At 8:38 PM, Blogger Pai said…

    Wow, I just found this site recently, and Grandma, YOU ROCK! =D

     
  • At 3:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Now i'm pretty Buy Diablo 3 gold much through with the game myself personally.D3 Gold I like this! Certainly one of my top picks but undeniably offers commonalities to help Knight inD3 ITEms shining armor of Persia. It truly is All right even though, It's still a lot more poor rear end when compared withCheap Guild Wars 2 Gold Prince associated with Persia! Recreation about Mom!

     
  • At 9:42 PM, Anonymous Buy guild wars 2 gold said…

    Man you are an awsome Grandmother. Wish my Grandma were still alive. Keep ater and enjoy ur gaming, Haven't played god of war 1 or 2 yet but i'm gonna try one shortly when my bro is finished with it. Happy Gaming!!! You are awsome!!!!!!
    gw2 gold

     

Post a Comment

<< Home