Old Grandma Hardcore

This blog is the chronicle of my experiences with Grandma, the video-game playing queen of her age-bracket and weight class. She will beat any PS2, XBox, GameCube, etc., console game put in front of her, just like she always has. These are her stories. She is absolutely real. She lives in Cleveland.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Grandma Goes Game Shopping

Grandma's slowly finishing up her first time through Indigo Prophecy, but she wanted to get a head start on some purchases. We drove up to the Aurora GameStop and Grandma was happy to share her stories with the friendly clerk.

She picked up a brand-spankin' new copy of Sly Cooper 3 for PS2 to start, and then bought two or your suggestions used because, "hey! They were fucking cheap!" We now have Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem for the Game Cube, and Beyond Good and Evil for the XBox; so we filled up all three systems which makes Grandma proud of her loyalties.

I have some great Indigo Prophecy stories to share with everyone tomorrow, and we have some big things coming up for Grandma we need to let you know about.

Our Technorati rating keeps going up; and all is right in the world- for Grandma has games.

Thanks everybody!

9 Comments:

  • At 10:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    the concept of eternal darkness rocks!!!!! game play.. eh iffy. i wish they would make a sequal. hope grandma digs it!

     
  • At 4:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just a hint - to REALLY enjoy enternal darkness, do not reduce your insanity too much. A bit insanity never harmed anyone. Now excuse me, my tinfoil hat needs to be refolded...

     
  • At 6:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yay! My constant harrasing and nagging worked! I'm so glad Grandma is going to take a shot at Eternal Darkness and hope she enjoys it as much as I did. I agree, the insanity effects are what make the game so don't keep your character sane ALL the time because you'll miss all the goodies. Can't wait to hear Grandma's impressions of her new games.

    Love,
    Fellagirly

     
  • At 8:35 AM, Blogger OmniTech said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 9:44 AM, Blogger Collin said…

    I've played all the way through both of your used selections – four times for ED – and really enjoyed both. I hope you do too. I also look forward to hearing what you guys think of Sly 3.

    Funny thing about BG&E. I bought it two days before they decided to drop the price from $49.95 to $19.95 due to slow sales. I hate when that happens.

     
  • At 9:56 AM, Blogger Brinstar said…

    Eternal Darkness is one of my favourite games, ever. It's certainly one of the best GameCube games out there.

     
  • At 10:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I also just got Eternal Darkness. $5 brand new, what a steal.

    Hope Grandma is having as much fun as I am!

     
  • At 11:06 AM, Blogger CtrlAltDelete said…

    Oh, you vultures with your "Eternal Darkness" and your "Beyond Good And Evil" and your "Satan." :)

    I hope you realize how much Grandma trusts you! The whole time at Gamestop she's with the "yeah, my friends online said this was a GREAT game," and "I was told this game fucking SUCKS by some folks on our site, so I'm not even going there..."

    Point is, she appreciates your help. Thanks folks!

     
  • At 3:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We've competed
    Cheap Guild Wars 2 Goldall through both your used alternatives - 4x regarding ED * and extremely experienced each. I think you'll complete too. I also look forward to hearing everything
    RS Gold you fellas imagine Sly 3.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home