Old Grandma Hardcore

This blog is the chronicle of my experiences with Grandma, the video-game playing queen of her age-bracket and weight class. She will beat any PS2, XBox, GameCube, etc., console game put in front of her, just like she always has. These are her stories. She is absolutely real. She lives in Cleveland.

Friday, September 09, 2005

See Grandma On G4's Attack Of The Show! ...Someday In The Future, Perhaps

Grandma received an appearance request to be on G4's Attack Of The Show for early October. I understand the value of good news in times of frustration, so I took it to her pretty quick. Again, the hospital doesn't have WiFi so I surprised her by printing out the invite and including it with a bunch of fan letters and get-well cards this morning when I went to visit. I wondered how long it would take her to notice.

Oh, she noticed!

Unfortunately, Grandma gets really nervous about traveling by herself, let alone doing the show without me there- not to mention she just had a mini-stroke-heart-blockage ...thing, and transcontinental travel can be lonely enough without having to worry about medication. So, she had me write back to the coordinator of the show to say she just couldn't make the trip alone.

Me- "You sure?"
Grandma- "There's no fucking way I could do something like that by myself, not like this! You've GOT to be there."
Me- "Alright..."

He understood the situation and was very sympathetic. They have a travel budget like everyone else, and two people for a small feature just doesn't jive this quarter, if you know what I mean. It's not G4's fault, they didn't know. He said he'd keep our information and call us back at the beginning of next year, when they have a new travel budget. For what's it worth, I believe him.

We'll just have to wait a while to see Grandma on G4, yet how appropriate would it be for my brother Kenny to see his Grandma on a recorded episode of AOTS right before watching his 40+ recordings of Anime Unleashed? Tivo is a great thing when used for the powers of good. (The kid has an addiction. We live in an Anime friendly house. We are all enablers.)

Someday soon! One day our hero Grandmother, to whom we are all Hardcore Grandchildren, will freak the shit out of you by being on TV again. At that moment, you will look at the screen and spit whatever cereal you happen to be eating out through your noise and proclaim to your spouse, coworkers, family, friends and pets: "THAT'S HER! It's OGHC! Game on!"

Just not yet :)

--More updates on the way! Video 11- Psychonauts At The Hospital.... Ask Grandma Hardcore Hospital Food Edition.... Etc.,...... Thanks for the comments and e-mails everybody!--

13 Comments:

  • At 4:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Get better, Grandma! I need to read more of your cuss-laced exploits!

    There's gonna be three anime cons in the Cleveland Area if Kenny wants to feed his addiction. ^_-

     
  • At 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was wondering how long it would take for AOTS to ask for Grandma. That's right up their alley (as in off-the-beaten-path things about gaming).

    I don't watch the show regularly (I can only take the bulk of the show in small doses), but I always tune in when someone awesome is going to be on the show. Grandma would be the most awesomeist guest ever!

    In the meantime, hope you feel better, Grandma. My Mom just got out of the hospital with a simliar problem to yours. I'm sure you'll pull through fine, just as she did. We're all thinking of you here in internet-land!

    biggzy

     
  • At 7:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ATTACK OF THE SHOW!!

    About god damn time!

     
  • At 8:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    When does she appear on Kimmel? :) I know those people would love Grandma and what she does.

     
  • At 5:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    She better be on TV one day, that would be awesome!!

     
  • At 9:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    When she was on MTV Overdrive I tried to save the video somehow, but couldn't :(

    MTV was cool though!

     
  • At 9:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's awesome that's she's feeling better. but terrible that she doesn't feel up to going without you, nice to feel needed for you though, eh? Give her our best!

     
  • At 6:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Grandma! I'm glad you're feeling better. HOORAY!!!! Step 2: Getting you home. YES!

    Too bad about AOTS. I love that show. :( I would have LOVED to see you guys on it.

    Take care Tim and Grandma!

    ~Steph~

     
  • At 1:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I wish I had to money, I would have paid for your trip. Oh well, here is to the future!

     
  • At 2:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    David Letterman? Oh dear God yes. I could just imagine what kind of conversation he would be having with Paul about Grandma before the interview starts.

     
  • At 6:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tim, when this is all over and Grandma is well, you`ve got to tell me what the idea is of those letters at the end of your post. (the ones i have to copy to my comments. thanks. love to grandma!!!

     
  • At 5:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Zelda18,

    If you are talking about the envelopes with the arrow next to the comments, it's a link toe-mail the post to someone.

    I hope that's what you were asking. If not, sorry!

     
  • At 2:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I would not Cheap GW2 Goldcheck out this demonstrate on a regular basis (I can usually take the bulk of this show with small dosages), on the other hand usually tune in while someone brilliant will probably be on the program. Grandma would be the the majority of awesomeistcheap RS Gold guest previously!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home